with nearly $700M in assessed building value
Collectively, WHOI, MBL and NOAA Fisheries employ over 1,710 individuals
Revenue from ferry, with 3,004,436 passengers in 2019
- A collaboration between three major science institutions in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and key local stakeholders, including the business, residential and science communities, and the Town of Falmouth, MA.
- An initiative to ensure the vibrant and productive village of Woods Hole prospers well into the future with the advent of major climate impacts such as sea-level rise, coastal flooding, shoreline loss, and associated challenges.
- A commitment to preserving direct access to the sea, which is fundamental to each institution’s mission, and is threatened by climate impacts.
- A first-of-its-kind pooling of resources, intellectual horsepower, and management skills to support the collaborators’ mutual interests and those of the greater community.
- Vulnerability assessments
- Sea level rise scenarios
- Community asset risks
- Adaption strategies
- Migration approaches
- Public seminar series
- Institutional partnerships
- Information dissemination